22 July, 2009

Kirkman Hollow #012

Charlie Brown and I did this hike July 20, 2009.


Next time I do a hike like this, I need to take more water with me. I ended up giving the dog half of my water out of the bottle! It was a while before we came across a very small stream.

Through out the whole trail, I saw an assortment of beautiful wild flowers in bloom.

Trail start....
Thistle and Bee.
Wild little red flowers.
Wild little purple daisies.
Multi-colored blossoms on the same stem. Very unusual!
Wild little yellow flowers.


Snail shells.



And we came across a sign! Signs are a good thing sometimes.
We took a break by the small stream near the trail sign.
Tee taking a break.
A hot and tired Charlie Brown.
Off we go again...
Looks like something lives in there!
Oh no! Someone must be flying lopsided!
Dead cow bones.
Not sure how much farther the trail went, but I turned around at the big fallen tree and dead cow bones.



























Trails of the Wasatch South: A Pocket Guide by Gary C. Nichols

Distance: 2 miles

USGS maps: Granger Mtn.

Access: I-15 exit 263. This puts you on 400 S. (From US 89, turn East on 400 S.) Turn right at 1300 E. This becomes Canyon road. Take the Right Fork of Hobble Creek. Go past Cherry Campground. When you pass the campground the stream is on the right. In about 2 1/2 miles the road crosses the stream, go another 200 yards to a big fenced turn-out on the right. (There is a sign at the trail head.)

1 comment: